I find that a bunch of my code looks like

   people.map{|person| person.email_addr}

where I use map to apply a single method to elements inside arrays.

That sure beats C, but wouldn't it be nice if there
were a shorthand for doing so.  I think something
like this would be very nice:

   people[*].email_addr

Even better, I often have strings of such stuff that
looks like this, creating nested arrays

   departments.map{|dept| dept.people.map{|person| person.email_addr}}

where a much cleaner alternative would be

   departments[*].people[*].email_addr

so the "[*]" operator would descend into nested arrays.

In total ignorance of whether the parser would
allow it, I'd like to say that I think that'd
be a nice addition to ruby2 if there's no other
clean shorthand out there already.