On 10/26/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Cameron McBride <cameron.mcbride / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, it looks like the one-click installer team is a bit
> > inundated with inclusion requests.
> > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=718&group_id=167&func=browse
> >

> Actually, it turns our that the one-click installer "team" has only *one*
> active member... me! I'm trying change that and get some help, but that
> hasn't happened yet.

Curt, is it possible/easy to remaster the One Click Installer? The
idea would be sort of like remastering Knoppix CDs. For which there
are Security ones, Game ones etc. And the instructions are pretty easy
to do so you can
create your own flavor. (Install knoppix, apt-get install somestuff,
remaster, burn CD.)

That way, anyone could create a customized One-Click-Installer for
Windows themselves. Last night you sort of touched on this with the
Instant-Rails package.

Ed