Hello,

I really tried to find some examples on Rinda. There is exactly one
page (727) in the programming Ruby book. So here is what I understood:

1.
Rinda is based on top of DRb

2.
With DRb, you can have clients notified of changes using observers (a
class mixin I think)

3.
Rinda allows you to have a server of tuples.

4.
Rinda needs one Rinda service process, one tuplespace process and
then as many client processes as you want to connect to a tuplespace

5.
It seems rather simple to add tuples to the tuplespace then retrieve
them using patterns

6.
It "looks like" you can get notified, but how?

7.
It "looks like" you can set durations (validity) to tuples, but how?

What I miss here is:

An example of a tuplespace program (client and server) where:

- you can register (or unregister) as observer for a given pattern
- add or delete a tuple
- get notified of an addition or a deletion (either from timestamp
validity or because it has been deleted)

The idea is to have a tuplespace of all the status of the real time
monitoring we do of our systems. It can be simple pings, more
complexe HTTP/Get, etc... all this will be consolidated and we should
be able to view "all the last situations on machine A" or "all the
probes giving an error", etc...

Many thanks,

Alex
--