In article <Pine.LNX.4.62.0510251753520.2231 / harp.ngdc.noaa.gov>,
Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
>> In article <Pine.LNX.4.62.0510251406490.2231 / harp.ngdc.noaa.gov>,
>> Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:

>>> what did you do?  mine suports read/write mmap so an narray can be
>backed by a
>>> file and any write to the narray writes to the file - very dangerous, not
>>> reccomended, and extremely useful for tweaking a gb grid with minimal io.
>>>

>> I wanted to treat an NArray as an N-dimensional point so that I could find
>> the distance from one point to another.  I added a distance method and a
>> couple of other geometrically oriented methods in C.
>
>hmmm. what were you doing?  sounds interesting.  any chance you could post
>that on sciruby?

I'm using a Particle Swarm Optimizer (PSO) that I've written in Ruby to
find minimal-energy (aka: ground state, or most stable)  atomic clusters
of silicon.  It's for my Masters thesis.  I can post something on sciruby
after I'm done which I hope will be in early December.  Then give me a
month or two to recover from this ordeal... I figure I can post something
in January or February.

Phil