Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:16259] Timezone in Time::{local,gm}"
    on 01/06/06, Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot / script.jussieu.fr> writes:

|Am I wrong when I see that member tm_tz of struct tm is not
|handled in time.c:time_arg() (even in a anoncvs co I made few minutes ago) ?

 (a) not every system has tm_zone, so it's not portable to use it.

 (b) POSIX time system can only treat either UTC or local timezone
     whereever your system is located.  So what do you think Ruby can
     do with tm_zone using system's own time functions, in portably
     way?

							matz.