> Actually I am happy that I did not ask a rails specific question,
> since I might have missed Brian's valuable comments. BTW: I have used
> the code I posted in another project of mine, which is not rails
> based. And, I see it more of a discussion where I get help
> rethinking/recoding/refactoring. My answer to Brian was not supposed
> to sound like 'well, thanks for your post, but I use my code anyway'.
> If it did, I apologize.
>
> Patrick

My response certainly wasn't meant to scold, only to point out that
answers will vary based on the context, and so the context should
always be presented as well.  If you were actually looking for a
general discussion... well, I guess I wouldn't have thought that you
would've brought up Rails at all.