For many weeks I have had this at the back of my mind.

I want a really good ORM that is highly non-intrusive
(e.g., I don't have to inherit and I don't have to
clutter my classes and objects with metadata).

Someone told me that this was much the way Hibernate
works in Java. I can't comment.

So anyway, this is one of my highest priorities -- to
make an ORM (that works the way I like) to wrap
KirbyBase. (With additional code, it should/could wrap
any other db, of course.)

Logan's KirbyRecord was a step in the right direction,
it seemed to me. But it was like ActiveRecord -- it
forced you to store your metadata in your own objects.

Og is cool, but is even more intrusive.

In case anyone is morbidly curious, I want this so that
I can continue work on Tycho without getting bogged
down in data storage issues. (Someone teased me at the
conference that a year had gone by, and Tycho still
hadn't progressed any. And he wonders how that spider
got in his salad.)

Anyhow: Who knows Hibernate and can comment on its
usefulness as a model?

And who if anyone is interested in working on this
project?

Thanks,
Hal