On 26/10/05, Patrick Gundlach <clr8.10.randomuser / spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> >> Thanks for your thoughts. The above (my approach) fits so nicely with
> >> the single table inheritance in Rails without implementing a single
> >> line of code (except for the five lines above). With this, I get never
> >> above the multiple of 500 (or was it 5000?) lines of code to get a
> >> higher patrick.to_i value. But the #developer? (and alike) methods read
> >> better, right.
>

> > Of course, you asked a Ruby question, so you got a Ruby answer.
> > If you had asked a Rails question, you may have gotten a Rails answer.
> >
> > You should be more specific about that fact, it would get better responses.
>

> Actually I am happy that I did not ask a rails specific question,
> since I might have missed Brian's valuable comments. BTW: I have used
> the code I posted in another project of mine, which is not rails
> based. And, I see it more of a discussion where I get help
> rethinking/recoding/refactoring. My answer to Brian was not supposed
> to sound like 'well, thanks for your post, but I use my code anyway'.
> If it did, I apologize.
>
> Patrick

Hello Patrick,

I can assure that your post sounded completely polite and sensible to
me. In fact I wonder that no one on this list has already made an
argument against my observations, as there are always new directions
to look at every problem. Thats why we all read this list. Its all a
complex graph of thought stimulations.

regards,

Brian

--