In article <p0623090cbf8438394fe6@[192.168.254.205]>,
Rich Morin  <rdm / cfcl.com> wrote:
>At 4:24 AM +0900 10/26/05, Louis J Scoras wrote:
>>A really good book I read a little while ago is "Higher Order Perl", by Mark
>>Jason Dominus. Yes, yes. It is a book about perl, but more importantly its
>>about doing neat things with closures. There was a thread recently about
>>functional techniques in Ruby, and some of the ideas in MJDs book can be
>>ported over pretty easily. In fact, doing this in ruby seems a bit more
>>natural IMHO.
>
>I asked MJD about the idea of doing a "Higher Order Ruby" book.  He
>said (roughly) that he doesn't know Ruby well enough to be confident
>of doing it correctly.  If assorted Rubyists translate other examples
>from HOP into Perl, however, it might help to make such a book happen
>(if not by MJD, then perhaps by someone else...).

Or how about a webpage somewhere where we could put Ruby translations with
some comments.  I've been intrigued by the book when I've seen it at
Powell's, but it hurts my eyes too much to look at Perl these days to
consider buying it.  If there was a website with Ruby examples, that would
certainly help.

Phil