At 4:24 AM +0900 10/26/05, Louis J Scoras wrote:
>A really good book I read a little while ago is "Higher Order Perl", by Mark
>Jason Dominus. Yes, yes. It is a book about perl, but more importantly its
>about doing neat things with closures. There was a thread recently about
>functional techniques in Ruby, and some of the ideas in MJDs book can be
>ported over pretty easily. In fact, doing this in ruby seems a bit more
>natural IMHO.

I asked MJD about the idea of doing a "Higher Order Ruby" book.  He
said (roughly) that he doesn't know Ruby well enough to be confident
of doing it correctly.  If assorted Rubyists translate other examples
from HOP into Perl, however, it might help to make such a book happen
(if not by MJD, then perhaps by someone else...).

-r
--
email: rdm / cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com        - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory