On 10/24/05, mikkel / gmail.com <mikkel / gmail.com> wrote:
> But when I try to run the exporter i get:
> *** -[ExampleBox initWithExportImageObj:]: selector not recognized
> [self = 0x6273cb0]
>
> Now, being a cocoa/xcode newbie, I get the impression that I need to
> implement the - (id)initWithExportImageObj:(id)fp8 from ExampleExport.m
> As far as I know, thats a constructor?? How would I implement this in
> my ruby class??

Not having tried the example (thanks for the tip, looks interesting),
and not being at my Mac, I can't say for sure, but from your error,
and in particular the casing of it, I'd guess you haven't called alloc
anywhere.  Cocoa objects are typically instantiated, then initialized.
 The instantiating is done by the alloc message, and then you send
init[...] to actually initialize your instance.  Most often, these two
are called together:
exampleBox = [[ExampleBox alloc] initWithExportImageObj:anObj];

In ruby, this probably becomes:
exampleBox = ExampleBox.alloc.initWithExportImageObj(anObj)

hope this helps,
--
Terje