On Oct 21, 2005, at 10:02 AM, Hans Fugal wrote:

>> typeinfo for QDomNodereferenced from libsmokeqt expected to be
>> defined in libqt.3.dylib
>>

> Hmm, not sure. I didn't get these errors. You are following the
> instructions in the INSTALL very carefully, right?
>
> Let's work through this.
>
> If you want to, (and it might be a good idea), you should be able to
> rebuild qt without any ill effects. If you followed the directions in
> the qt INSTALL file, you should just be able to go to /Developer/Qt
> and
> follow the INSTALL instructions again. You're gonna want -thread,
> but I
> don't think anything else should matter much. I used these flags,
> mostly because that's (almost?) exactly what the qtruby INSTALL file
> said to do and by now I was paranoid about things like configure
> flags,
> but I think it should work just just about any reasonable flags. (oh
> and btw I used qt-mac-free-3.3.5 as well)
>
> -system-zlib -qt-gif -plugin -imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-
> exceptions
> -fast
>
> If I were you I'd delete your qtruby tree and unpack it fresh, then
> read and run this script:  http://hans.fugal.net/src/qtruby-tiger.sh

thanks for the help. still can't get it though. i wonder what i'm
missing. if it means, anything all the qt example programs work.

here's how it dies:

make: *** [qui.bundle] Error 1
cc -dynamic -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -L/opt/local/
lib   -L"/Developer/qt/lib" -L"/opt/local/lib" -o qui.bundle qui.o -
bundle_loader ../../qtruby/qtruby.bundle -lsmokeqt -lqui -lqt-mt -
lstdc++ -lruby  -ldl -lobjc
/usr/bin/ld: can't open: ../../qtruby/qtruby.bundle (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [qui.bundle] Error 1

i think it actually does that, or something similar, a couple times
and tries a few times before it gives up.

there's a ton of warnings and errors before that. lots of these:
typeinfo for QDockWindowreferenced from libsmokeqt expected to be
defined in libqt.3.dylib

i guess every single one of those things fails.

hrm?