James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2005, at 3:52 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>

>> On Oct 24, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Dave Burt wrote:
>>

>>> Rick asked:

>>> It isn't. The Rails mailing list is.

>>> But we can still answer some of these questions here.
>>>

>> Please, don't.
>>
>> Instead, CC the original recipient and post your response to the
>> rails mailing list.
>

> Why do you say this?
>
> It seems on topic here too.  If we ruled out talking about the things
> built with Ruby, what ever would we talk about?  ;)

There are some topics that tend to focus on the quirks and specifics of
some particular tool or library rather than Ruby coding in general, and
if there is an existing list devoted to that tool or library then that
becomes the more appropriate place for such topics.

The answer to this question may be of little value to any Rubyist who
isn't using Rails, while those people with a specific interest in Rails
might not ever see it, because they only read the Rails list.

And Rails (or Nitro or Wee or IOWA or ...) -specific questions are more
likely to get a faster, more accurate response on a dedicated list.

James