Sorry for the complete newbie question, but this seems like it should
be so obvious.  I've created a Controller called Welcome.  The
welcome_controller.rb contains this:

class WelcomeController < ApplicationController
    def index
        @response = "hello world"

I have a view for welcome called "index.rhtml" that contains this:

<head>
<title>Test</html>
</head>
	<%= @responce %>

This seems like it would be a no brainer, but when I go to the page I
get this error:

undefined method `headers' for "":String
Extracted source (around line #46):

43:
44:
45: <h2 style="margin-top: 30px">Response</h2>
46: <b>Headers</b>: <%=h @response.headers.inspect.gsub(/,/, ",\n")
%><br/>

---

What exactly am I doing wrong?  I know I could just use render_text but
I'm trying to do something more complex, but I can't seem to make this
work.  =/