It's often said that learning a new language will help you look at things
differently and thus also improve how your program in other languages you
know.  I occasionally program in C++ and I'm in one of those occasions
now so I'm thinking about how knowing Ruby has influenced my C++
programming.

One thing that comes to mind is that I'm more likely now to pass around
function pointers as a way to emulate yield.  The function passed in can
be evaluated at every step of an iteration, for example, to test for some
condition.

Anyone got other examples of how your C++ programming has been influenced
by your Ruby knowledge?

Phil