Yohanes Santoso wrote:
> What is needed here is a change on how we should look at our email
> addresses.
>
> Do you give your home phone number to a client? Do you give your
> business phone number to your parents? If not, then why should you
> give your personal email address to a client and your business email
> address to your parents?
>
> Let's expand this further. Why should you be subscribing to a mailing
> list with your personal email address? Why should you be the one doing
> the routing of incoming emails? And, worse, asking the originator of
> the email to, say, prefix the subject.

I'm sympathetic to this point of view, but I also know first-hand the
troubles one can have tracking multiple E-mail addresses.

I believe that the ruby-talk mail contains sufficient header info for
any decent mail reader to Do The Right Thing, and that munging the
subject line, while arguably useful, is not required.

(BTW, I'm tempted to say that this sort of explicit subject prefixing is
akin to type declarations, and wondering if comparisons of the form
"$FOO is like [static|explicit] typing" is some sort of Goodwin's Law
for Ruby discussions.)

James Britt