Rick asked:
> I'm not sure this is the appropriate group for this question.  I'm sure
> you'll let me know if it isn't.

It isn't. The Rails mailing list is.

But we can still answer some of these questions here.

> I've a Rails app that uses a "Tickets" table.  I used the scaffold to
> generate the controller.
>
> I can show a list of rows in the table with the "list" URL and I can
> "Show" any one of the records in the result as expected.  But when I
> try to "Edit" any one of the records I get this error in the browser:

> NoMethodError in Tickets#edit
>
> Showing /tickets/_form.rhtml where line #7 raised:
>
> undefined method `store' for #<Ticket:0x23b36f4>
>
> Extracted source (around line #7):
>
> 4:
> 5: <!--[form:ticket]-->
> 7: <%= text_field 'ticket', 'store'  %></p>
> 8:
> 10: <%= text_field 'ticket', 'order_id'  %></p>

> One of the fields of the table is "store".  So I figure there is a
> "store" method somewhere that should return the value of the store
> field for the "current" row.  Also I figure that this is the way that
> the "Show" works (and it seems to work fine).
>
> How can I debug this?  Where is the "store" method supposed to be?
> I've searched the app and it doesn't appear in any of the .rb files.

Your code says:
  text_field 'ticket', 'store'

That means you want a text field based on the column "store" in your Ticket
model. So you should have app/models/ticket.rb with a Ticket class. If your
database is configured OK, then ActiveRecord will automatically give Ticket
a store method for the store column on the database. If your database isn't
connecting, that could cause an error like this.

Cheers,
Dave