Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:16209] Re: Strange idea... exporting from a scope"
    on 01/06/05, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc / mandrakesoft.com> writes:

|Do you mean that following program would be valid:

yes.

|In my opinion, this is super-dirty, and by far something you don't expect
|from your program. I don't know any language that would allow this kind of
|thing? Fortunately, this is not allowed in current Ruby...

Could you tell me how dirty it is?  Although I know it's kinda dirty.

Non shadowing, flat local variable scoping, that it tries to emulate
is, in my opinion, not dirty at all.  The dirty part lies in flatness
depending on context, to achieve compatibility.

							matz.