Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:16178] Re: The Block Problem -A suggestion"
    on 01/06/03, "Guy N. Hurst" <gnhurst / hurstlinks.com> writes:

|I think matz indicated a desire for a flattened scope here
|(that is, auto-exporting), which I can't imagine would break any
|existing code. Maybe it is not done yet because it is hard to do?

Yes, it's hard.  There're three reasons why it's not done yet.

 (1) it's hard to implement.

 (2) as Hal Fulton mentioned in [ruby-talk:16144], it may cause
     accidental scope propagation, which would result in confusion.

 (3) as Sean pointed in [ruby-talk:16188], it would make scoping rule
     even more complex.

							matz.