------art_9693_27332356.1129871854326

Hey guys,

Also check out Ferret for another ruby indexing library.

http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac

But this quiz is still a great idea. It was something I thought about while
writing Ferret. It will be interesting to see what people come up with. I'll
certainly be partaking. As Ryan mentioned, the goal should be to solve the
problem in the shortest, most elegant, yet fastest
way possible.

HINT: From the OP's example, you'll get much better search speeds for large
document sets by inverting the index.

Regards,
Dave