On 10/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist / gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably it would be interesting to start doing the cuts and see how we can build over it.
> Unfortunately, I still cannot see solutions for some of the points I have mentioned
> previously.

I have tried to follow along on this *very long* and verbose thread,
but one thing I wanted to comment on here was that you must be careful
in not trying to "change the world" so to speak in one small RCR. That
almost guarantees that Matz won't accept it (I wouldn't either.)

I think the approach that Peter and Trans are following is the best.
Have a well thought out and relatively small RCR that will have a
better chance of being accepted. When and if that happens, it can then
be determined if something is lacking and then further RCRs can be
proposed to continue the gradual evolution of the Ruby AOP system.

Something I have learned all too well in my life is that trying to
achieve perfection and completion on the first try in any project is a
recipe for failure and disappointment. I don't think there is anything
in the nature of the cut's RCR that would preclude adding the things
you want Alex (though I certainly could be wrong, since I'm not AOP
expert), so I fail to see your concern.

Try to think evolution, no revolution.

Regards,
Ryan