Hi ... need help ...

Just had Ruby 1.8.3 installed on our HP-UX box, and it seems to be
really misbehaving... I'm trying to promote Ruby here but this is
giving it bad press.

For example, the following code

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
p ARGV
ARGV.each do |fname |
     puts "File: #{fname}"
     loop do
         break

 gives .....

> xdump param
["param"]
File: param
/home/fcux_dev/tadb/bin/xdump:6: [BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.3 (2005-09-21) [hppa2.0w-hpux11.11]
Abort(coredump)

And in fact, this error ([BUG] Bus Error - what is it ?) seems to pop up
at the slightest provocation, although some relatively complex
ruby code seems to run ok.
I didn't do the installation myself, but I suspect that the HP-UX
bundled C compiler was used to do the installation.
Could that be the problem ?