> Yes, but if matz considers it worth apologizing for, then
> I consider it worthwhile to accept his apology.  And I added the point
> about time to show that such an apology is not 'surely misplaced'
> (although I know Hal meant to honor matz by saying that).

Yes, that was my intent. Though I see your point too, Guy.

All I meant is that the mistakes Matz may have made are
rather overshadowed by giving us Ruby in the first place.

I accept the apology, too, if Matz insists on offering it.  :)
But it is a little like someone giving me a brand new car
and apologizing because the radio didn't work...

Just my opinion. I won't waste any more electrons on
this.  :)

Cheers,
Hal