-----Original Message-----
From: hfulton / pop-server.austin.rr.com
[mailto:hfulton / pop-server.austin.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 12:33 PM
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: [ruby-talk:16155] Re: Block arguments vs method arguments

> |	{ | local, :up | }
> |
> |is less complex than
> |
> |	{ | up | < local > }
> |
> |I just really, really, really dislike the direction this
> | second example leads
> |us in.
>
> I HATE both.  And the latter is not mine.  Mine is either
>
>   {|up| ...}
>
> or
>
>   {<local> ...}
>
> no mix.

Matz,

I hope you are not getting frustrated discussing this...
I think I only *now* understood that you were not allowing a
mix...

Do you mean that both notations would be available to the
programmer, but each block must be one or the other?

If so, would there not be many instances in which a programmer
might *want* to mix the behaviors?

Hal