In article <1129682499.572287.250900 / o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
 "jfry" <jeff.fry / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,

> I am trying to find and hire a ruby programmer and would love some
> advice. I posted the following message on 10/12 and was surprised not
> to get any responses.

I suspect you will need to look for 'right thinking' people that can be
trained.  Ruby is still a fairly new language, so there is not a huge
supply of programmers that know it well.  There _are_ a lot of people
interested in Ruby, who would like to learn more, I suspect.

I have been playing with Ruby for a few months now, off and on, but did
not respond, because I have not played with Watir at all, and have not
really gotten solid on ruby.  Six months from now, perhaps.  Thus, even
though I saw your ad, I did not reply at this time.

For example, keep 'we are looking for someone who understands how to
design and build a solid, flexible, reusable automation framework.'
Then, change 'solid experience with ruby is essential, and experience
with watir is a plus.' to 'solid experience with ruby is a big plus;
familiarity with a scripting language like ruby, Perl, or Python and a
strong desire to learn pro-tour Ruby is a requirement.'

Scott

--
Scott Ellsworth
scott / alodar.nospam.com