Hi,

In message "Re: Method annotation and anonymous functions"
    on Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:26:49 +0900, stevetuckner <stevetuckner / usfamily.net> writes:

|Anonymous functions:
|
|x = def (a=1,b=2) { ... }
|y = def(a,b=3) begin
|end

Probably I will not use "def" for anonymous function, because there
are tow major differences in def statement and anonymous def above:

  * def statement defines new name for a method, anonymous def does
    not define any name.

  * besides that, def statement introduces a whole new scope,
    anonymous def should be a closure, that allows access to external
    local variables.

|Annotated functions:
|
|class A
|    def foo(a, b)
|    .visibility   :private      # how can this be parsed? (the above
|line has no trailing marker to signal it as one expression
|    .returns Integer
|    begin
|    end

This is a too big syntactic incompatibility.

							matz.