On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 03:26:49AM +0900, stevetuckner wrote:
> I want to start a discussion about two things that Matz talked about at
>    def foo2(a, b).visibility(private).returns(Integer) { ... }

I think what most people have in mind is something like this:

  private def foo(a, b, c)
    # ...
  end

  private module_function def bar(a, b, c)
    # ...
  end

Chaining the annotations on multiple lines can be done using '\':

  private \
  module_function \
  doc("This is a docstring") \
  def baz(a, b, c)
    # ...
  end

This also requires changine private() and module_function() to return a
Symbol rather than a Module (i.e. to return their parameter rather than
self).

See RCR#277 for more information.

Paul