> |> I'm too lazy to type in "exprt" and variable name. so I'm
thinking
> |> about automatic scope upgrade in the future Ruby, i.e. if
you use
> |> local variable name out of its blocked scope, it would be
> |> automatically exported to the outer scope.
> |
> |Argh!?
> |
> |Local variables are sometimes used when you explicitely
don't want them to
> |get exported in the outer scope...
>
> I meant propagation from local variable scope made by block,
not out
> of other scopes (methods, classes etc.)
>
> 							matz.

Matz,

I think I understand you. But wouldn't this lead to a
"proliferation" of variables?

If I accidentally use a variable without assigning it,
I get an error. But with this change, it is increasingly
likely that a variable name will be left over from some
arbitrary block a hundred lines back in my code.

Hal