On 10/17/05, Shreyas <sravi2k4 / gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any editor out there
> that had "autocomplete," i.e., one that will
> automatically give me a list of
> functions for the object in question whenever I
> type in the '.'

The jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin provides method autocompletion for the
Ruby system classes:

http://www.jedit.org/ruby/

> I was wondering if anyone knew either
> (a) how to get a list of all the functions in
> ruby exported to an API file, or
> (b) if there is an editor out there that can help
> out.
> Many times when I'm programming, it's nice to just
> be able to see what the valid functions
> are for the object in question

The jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin has an integrated documentation panel
that shows you method RDocs as you scroll the autocompletion list. You
can also type search terms into this panel, here's a screenshot:

http://www.jedit.org/ruby/images/jedit_ruby_editor_plugin.png

cheers,
Rob
http://www.jedit.org/ruby/