nobuyoshi nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:16:57 +0900,
> dave.burt / gmail.com wrote in [ruby-talk:161280]:
> > You can write the WMI script in Ruby:
> >
> > require 'win32ole'
> > strComputer = "."
> > objWMIService = WIN32OLE.connect \
> >     ("winmgmts:\\#{strComputer}\root\cimv2")
> > colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery \
> >     ("Select * from Win32_Process Where ProcessID = 3672")
> > colProcessList.each do |objProcess|
> >     objProcess.Terminate()
> > end
>
> Does it work on Win9X?

No, I don't think so -- I think all of WMI is WinNT family only, but
this is a direct translation of the VBScript given.

If you're asking about my suggestion of using TerminateProcess() as an
alternative to signals to close a popen'd process in IO#close, then the
answer is yes. (TerminateProcess(), not ExitProcess() which kills the
calling process.)

Documentation for TerminateProcess():
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dllproc/base/terminateprocess.asp

Cheers,