Hi --

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> luke (dot) wrote:
>> i sometimes farm this site for ideas. i think the contributions are
>> uncopyrighted...
>>
>> http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_ruby/index.html
>
> Be careful with that.  PLEAC entries are translated from the Perl
> Cookbook.  PLEAC gained permission to do this.  That permission may or
> may not apply to further use.

I'd add that I was told at one point by the PLEAC Ruby maintainer (or
one of the maintainers) that the goal was not to show the
"peculiarities" of individual languages (such as, if I remember
correctly, iterators in Ruby), but rather to show what the languages
had in common, or words to that effect.  I ended up concluding that it
was basically Perl being transliterated into many languages.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net