On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 06:39 +0900, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
> Does downloading like this bypass mirrors? Is there a way to manually
> download of a mirror if that's the case?

Nope, currently all the Gems are served off gems.rubyforge.org - unless
of course you use the "--source" parameter to point to some place where
someone is hosting another Gem server.  It's the regular files (i.e.,
the Win32 installer) that are served via the mirrors.

But I think the Gems guys are working on a mirroring solution...

Yours,

Tom