Morgan wrote:

> I'm writing a WEBrick server that I want to output some status
> information to the console. However, all the *other* stuff that's
> getting output makes my information hard to see. Even after adding
> to the server configuration what I *thought* was supposed to make
> it only output for fatal errors, I still get the line with my hostname,
> the current time, and the request string.
>
> How can I make this go away?

The *other* stuff is the access log.  You can suppress it by assigning
an empty set of outputs:

  server = WEBrick::HTTPServer.new( :AccessLog => [] )

Or you could send it to an access log file:

  server = WEBrick::HTTPServer.new(
    :AccessLog => [[Logger.new('access.log'),
AccessLog::COMMON_LOG_FORMAT]] )

Whatever you choose I'm sure will work out for the best.

_why