Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> daz wrote:
> >

> > Is there a case for having a $Doc: Name $ in the header ?
>
> What would that do?

Probably nothing but harm :/
It's a searchable string, isn't it?
Documentation is part of authorship, isn't it?

> > Perhaps also a standard way to add contributors names to doc updates
> > which doesn't wipe out the original documentor's name (as seems to
> > happen with $Author: Name $ in many patched core files).
>
> But author and documenter are often different people.

Hence the separation into  $Doc: Name $

>   Documentation by Yukihiro Matsumoto and Gavin Sinclair.
> [...]
>  Recording the credits in plain text (as above) ensures they are
> not lost as CVS tags come and go.

Nothing wrong with that unless someone wants to parse it.
I assume that's the purpose of the $ $ delimeters in header fields.

> > $Doc: Dave Thomas; gs; jeg; kj $  - which magically expands to HTML
> > links for each member on ruby-doc-squad-wiki.org might be possible
> > (later?).
>
> Are you suggesting that every person who cvs commits a file is
> recorded?

Not commits; - significantly contributes to documentation.
Yeah - whatever could I have been thinking?

> Cheers,
> Gavin

Thanks,

Dazza