On 10/18/05, Daniel Schierbeck <daniel.schierbeck / gmail.com> wrote:
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> Yes. Matz doesn't like it. ;) (And I agree with Christophe -- my
>> eyes! ;)
> Bollocks :(

It's a bit of an oversimplification to simply say that Matz doesn't
like, but I do understand why. It isn't exactly intuitive to set
instance variables in a method signature. (I'm not invoking POLS here,
I'm suggesting instead that it would be unnecessarily confusing.) That
said, it might be nice to have a language construct like C++'s
initialization list:

  class Person
  {
	Person() : name(""), age(-1)
	{
	  // The rest of Person's default constructor here.
	}
  }

-austin
--