On 10/15/05, ES <ruby-ml / magical-cat.org> wrote:
>  2. Blocks/Procs versus anonymous methods. Should these be actually
>     *different*

Short answer - yes. An anonymous function would mean you're not
carrying around a whole heap of baggage when no closure is required
and gives you a clean scope to help prevent accidental aliasing
errors.

In general, I would expect to use an anonymous function unless I
specifically required the extra features of a closure. Ruby makes it
so easy to use closures that I suspect many people don't realise the
consequences of using such a powerful construct.

Regards,

Sean