"robertj" <robert_kuzelj / yahoo.com> writes:

> hi,
>
> are there any non obvious issue why blocks, anonymous methods and
> methods could or should not be unified?
>
> i find it very ugly that i have to call a proc like this
> aproc.call or aproc[] instead of aproc(). unification of all those
> constructs would be really great.
>
> btw will be possible to get a handle on a instance method in ruby
> 1.9/2.0
>
> something like this:
> aproc = &anInstance.method

myproc = myobj.method :mymethod

myproc = MyClass.instance_method(:mymethod).bind(myobj)

> and then of course
> aproc()

This had been in CVS for some time, but I think it was removed
again(?).  I think the unification of blocks (objects) and methods
(non-objects) is a bad idea, though I can see the quest for
unification.

There have been long threads about this on the list, look them up if
you are interested.