On 10/18/05, Mark Alexander Friedgan <hubrix / gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Would it be better for us to set up our own trac or put it on
> rubyforge/sourceforge?

If your aim in releasing these tools is to make a name for yourselves
as a Free Software company, having your own trac would probably be
better.  However, if they're internal software you're just releasing
in the hope that it would be useful, then I doubt it would be worth
the time and effort for you to build and maintain your own local trac.

> 2. What amount of documentation would be sufficient for people to be
> interested in the tools?

The more, the better. If you release them with no documentation but
the source, chances are few people will be able to use them, and
they'll likely remain stagnant for a long time. Minimal usage
instructions might be better, and if your tool is perceived as being
widely useful perhaps other people will be enveigled to improve on
what documentation you've written thus far.