--- Guillaume Cottenceau <gc / mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > (And I didn't find a way to insert an element in a Array)
>
> Ok, sorry for being so dumb, I can insert anything at given position by
> doing:
>
> ary[pos, 0] = ...
>

> (or ary[pos..pos-1] but it's not really nice looking)

Thanks, all,

Like Guillaume, I wasn't able to find a way to "insert" an element, which is
(along with delete, whose implementation is built in to Array) the crux of what
I wanted a linked list for -- not for performance reasons, but because I'm
trying to make it easy to rearrange the order of the elements in the list.  I
was still sitting on the fence as to whether I should implement "insert" using
dissection and recombining of Arrays or continue trying to fix my
DoublyLinkedList class when I finally checked email again and found your
solutions.

I wonder if a user-contributed LinkedList subclass of Array would be of
interest to anyone.

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou