Hi all:

I am writing an app and could use a little advice from
some of you oop gurus.

A broad statement of the problem is this:
  I have an object that contains geometrical objects and need
  a way to write a description of those objects in different
  formats. Although not the exact case, you can consider
  this task similar to a drawing program where an object
  holds a list of drawing objects and it needs to be able to
  write these out in various formats, such as postscript or xfig.

I know there are lots of ways to do this, including writing
the objects out in a meta format and give all the other
export classes the ability to parse the meta format.

I am hoping someone has done something like this and has
a clever way to do this in Ruby. A class pattern would be
nice.

Thanks

Jim Freeze
jim / freeze.org