Daniel Berger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get a series of sql select statements, read in from a text
> file, to run concurrently in order to retrieve the results as fast as
> possible.  It doesn't appear to actually run any faster using threads or
> just sending the queries sequentially.  Am I doing this right?

You have to use Oracle's non-blocking mode in Ruby.
When doing so, the function call which queries the table
do not wait until a result is available, and returns immediatly.

Then you have to check which query is ready for fetching the result.

See ORAConn#nbset (Low level interface) of the Oracle 7 Module for Ruby.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann