Some additions.

At Wed, 30 May 2001 19:34:44 +0900,
I wrote:
> 	- Create /src/rough and widely hand out commit privs to those
> 	  who are eager to work on them cooperating with their
> 	  maintainers.

	  /src/rough/
		doc/	documents
		ext/	extensions
		lib/	libraries
		tests/	tests

> 	- Demand every module be under a license that are compatible
> 	  with Ruby's, so we can put any of them in the standard
> 	  distribution eventually. (GPL and LGPL are hardly accepted
> 	  but a so-called dual license is OK)
>
> 	- Periodically "release" them in a tarball.
>
> 	- Run a review and an audit for each module together.
	- Run a review and an audit for _every_ module together.

	- Claim no guarantees for the modules to retain any
	  backward compatibility.  Good design, good implementation
	  and consistent interface with other modules should always
	  override the backward compatibility, because those rough
	  rubies are aiming to be put in the standard distribution
	  some way in the future. (Once they are put in, they will be
	  hardly able to change the APIs)

> 	- Cooperate in writing documents and translation.
	  ... and tests. (tests are specs! :)

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
  a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"