mirian / cosmic.com (Mirian Crzig Lennox) wrote:

>I've recently joined this list, so please forgive me if I've missed
>something which has been hashed out before, but it's hard for me to
>see how Ruby can fit into how a JVM treats classes.  In a JVM, classes
>are static entities, once they are loaded their definitions cannot be
>changed.

One could perhaps try to use Java Debug API which allows to modify
class definition while running but I wouldn't do that.

As Wayne already suggested, one would create Ruby objects (classes,
their instances, method, just everything) as instances of special Java
classes and then write a Ruby interpreter which would run as a Java
application on top on a Java VM.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \/ Truth Until Paradox