On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 10:35:28AM -0400, Benjamin J. Tilly wrote:
> I understand what you want, but the need rarely arises for me.
>
> Perhaps it is becuase I chain a series of or statements
> together and rely on short-circuiting?  Or it may be a
> more subtle code organization habit.  I don't know.
>
> Can you give a simple problem where you would tend to use
> this pattern in the solution?
I had a game awhile ago but it has disappeared (I must have erased it). In it
there was a fuction for printing a menu called originally enough print_menu.
It gave a set list of options and returned the option picked, nil otherwise. And the
way I used it was something like

i = print_menu until i == 1 || i == 2 || i == 3

Actually now that I look at it it's not bad. Guess my memories have overblown
it :).

Sincerly,
Chris Moline