------art_4903_10737058.1129214371325

On 10/13/05, Kirk Haines <khaines / enigo.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 October 2005 8:14 am, Peter Fitzgibbons wrote:
>
> > How do you manage "no touch" installs of apache and mysql? I thought
> > these required path changes and .dll installs on windows ?
>
> I can't speak to Apache, for for MySQL, there is a self contained
> installation
> that can be downloaded from MySQL's site. I've used this in conjunction
> with
> Ruby/Webrick to make self contained packages of client sites + web based
> applications which they can drop onto a laptop for use at trade shows and
> the
> like that don't have internet access. The self contained MySQL works just
> fine.

Yes, and Instant Rails also expects its particular directory structure. In
particular, the "apache" and "mysql" subdirectories are expected to contain
those apps. So the other trick is that InstantRails.exe checks what
directory it was launched from and when it detects a change it updates the
absolute paths in the configuration files of apache and mysql.

Curt

------art_4903_10737058.1129214371325--