On Thursday 13 October 2005 8:14 am, Peter Fitzgibbons wrote:

> How do you manage "no touch" installs of apache and mysql?  I thought
> these required path changes  and .dll installs on windows ?

I can't speak to Apache, for for MySQL, there is a self contained installation
that can be downloaded from MySQL's site.  I've used this in conjunction with
Ruby/Webrick to make self contained packages of client sites + web based
applications which they can drop onto a laptop for use at trade shows and the
like that don't have internet access.  The self contained MySQL works just
fine.

Kirk Haines