Thanks James,

I would I "un-install" the Mac OS X Ruby and install the new one
(ruby 1.8.3)?

Could I use the RubyGem utility? Or do I login as root and just
download the tar.gz file and unzip
it and then do a configure and then make install? Would this
overwrite the ruby 1.8.2 that I have?

The same questions apply to tcl/tk...

Regards,

Unnsse