>===== Original Message From Chris Moline <ugly-daemon / home.com> =====
>On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:11:24PM +0900, Benoit Cerrina wrote:
>> Hi,
>> maybe you would find
>> return result = getValue if result
>> clearer?
>This reminds me of a problem I have that is very similar to the above. I
would
>like to remove the variable so I could do something like
>
>return getValue if getValue
>
>except instead of having getValue evaluated twice it would just be done once.
Do
>you see what I am trying to get at?? Does anyone think this would be useful.
>t doesn't have to be the syntax I gave above but it does have to be elegant.
It
>does come frequently enough for me that's irritating. Is it the same for
anyone
>else?? Or should I just get used to it??
[...]

I understand what you want, but the need rarely arises for me.

Perhaps it is becuase I chain a series of or statements
together and rely on short-circuiting?  Or it may be a
more subtle code organization habit.  I don't know.

Can you give a simple problem where you would tend to use
this pattern in the solution?

Cheers,
Ben