On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 10:08:58AM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> |In an earlier message you said we had to access your brain to see what you
> |really wanted with ruby. I was wondering, could you try to describe what you
> |wanted so we can see if we could build you an interpreter?? I
> |want to see what ruby could have been. Does anyone else think this would be
> |cool??
>
> The sourcecode will tell you most of my intention.  But parse.y is
> exception.  It is a kludge like hell, because of YACC restriction
> (and my ignorance of parser generator).  I would answer your question
> if you want to implement your own interpreter.
Yes I would like to implement my own interpreter. I am learning all sorts of
parsing technology and i wanted to know what kinds of problems you were having
so I could see if I could design a better solution than yacc. I will admit that
I am a newbie to this kind of stuff but I find it fascinating and am very
perserverant.

Sincerly,
Chris Moline