Hello,

I am pondering creating a module to put everybody's miscellaneous ruby
modules that are too small to prepare distribution for each of them,
but considered worthy to put in the standard distribution some way in
the future.

For example, I have several modules that are generic and useful enough
to distribute widely, however, I don't feel like bothering to roll a
release for each module of them.

	http://www.idaemons.org/~knu/ruby/misc/

I can also find some tiny useful modules in RAA which have been left
untouched for long.

Now, why don't we have /src/rough to put all those small rough pieces
of rubies in? :)  Here is my proposal.

	- Create /src/rough and widely hand out commit privs to those
	  who are eager to work on them cooperating with their
	  maintainers.

	- Demand every module be under a license that are compatible
	  with Ruby's, so we can put any of them in the standard
	  distribution eventually. (GPL and LGPL are hardly accepted
	  but a so-called dual license is OK)

	- Periodically "release" them in a tarball.

	- Run a review and an audit for each module together.

	- Cooperate in writing documents and translation.

Got it?  Come on show me your modules! :)

Regards,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
  a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"